The ultimate goal of Hunt’s Church Preschool is to engender confidence and readiness in children as they embark on the next level of their educational journey. We do this by providing a dynamic, integrated curriculum that nurtures and builds upon the child’s natural curiosity and love of learning.
Through Individual and group activities, language development, conceptual math, science, music, art, and indoor/outdoor play, children at our preschool will:
• Gain self-confidence and independence
• Develop feelings of security and success
• Learn to share and take turns
• Develop language, listening, and cognitive skills
• Improve coordination and fine motor skills
• Practice visual and auditory perception, understanding, and discrimination
• Use their imaginations and learn to express themselves
• Develop reading readiness and math skills to prepare for kindergarten
• Expand Christian values through stories, prayers, songs, and activities
Hunt’s Church Preschool uses Connect 4 Learning, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, and Frog Street Curriculum which is approved by the Maryland State Department of Education as a state recommended preschool curriculum for early childhood programs. It is a comprehensive system that includes curriculum assessment, implementation, evaluation and professional development components. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, children develop confidence, creativity and lifelong critical thinking skills. STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) lessons enrich our curriculum. We also use chapel lessons to implement religious attitudes and values to our program at an age appropriate level.